I’m Julie, a twenty-something-year-old, Jersey-based woman, who’s truly passionate bout cooking. Having spent most of my life in Florida and New Jersey, you can say I know great pizza and a good Cuban sandwich. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe that I can make the best Cuban sandwich.
My favorite cuisines are Indian and Mexican, although Cuban black beans and ropa vieja will forever have my heart. Also, I hate contradicting myself but If ever on death row, my final meal would have to be Honey BBQ Ribs, cornbread, and spicy mac and cheese.
At this point, maybe you can tell I’m obsessed with food. I attended the Kosher Culinary Arts Center in New York City, worked in several restaurants, and finally started my cooking channel on Youtube in late 2012. Recently, I started this blog in efforts to share this passion.
Food isn’t all; I also enjoy surfing, traveling, reading best sellers (anything by Harlan Coben), poker, dominoes, writing music, skiing, ice skating, and lying on the beach until the sun goes down, preferably with some sushi and white wine.
Want to know more? Here are 25 fun facts
- My kitchen aid mixer and rubber spatulas are my favorite kitchen tools.
- I once drove 40 miles and paid over 15 dollars in tolls for a strawberry cupcake and Nutella latte.
- Harlen Coben and Jodi Picoult are my favorite authors.
- Breaking Bad and Shameless are my all time favorite shows and I plan on watching them again.
- My favorite movies are The lion King, Mystic River, American History X, Training Day, Rounders, Casino, Scarface, The notebook, and Home Alone 2. All very different but I love them all equally nonetheless 🙂
- My current favorite book is Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.
- I have to have pizza once a week even if I’m dieting. 3 slices minimum.
- Breakfast movie scenes always make me hungry.
- Speaking of breakfast, I live for slightly burned blueberry pancakes with powdered sugar, butter, warm maple syrup, bacon, orange juice, and coffee on snowy mornings. Quite a feast I know.
- I like my steak rare with no sauce and cheeseburgers medium rare with extra cheddar and ketchup.
- I took ice skating lessons as a kid and I’m still quite good.
- I never eat candy.
- I like my coffee black.
- I was a very rebellious teenager and my mother always tells me that I should be the one paying for her salon visits given the fact I gave her all of her gray hair.
- I won a ladies poker tournament in Atlantic City a couple of years ago. Cool huh?
- I enjoy getting massages more than anything in the world.
- I think Bill Burr, Dave Chappell, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, and Louis CK are the funniest stand-up comedians in the world.
- I say “in the world” a lot.
- I idolize Judge Judy.
- I despise frozen pizza.
- I’ve been to Hawaii 4 times and 6 times to Vegas because I love surfing and playing poker.
- This is the quote I live by “However low you are, there is always something to feel proud of, and however high you are there is always something to humble you.”
- Speaking of quotes, I have a huge book collection but hate lending them out because of all the cheesy quotes I highlight. I still lend them out but I always warn them in advance that there might be an entire yellow page at some point.
- I love all kinds of food whether served at a hole in the wall or a Michelin Starred restaurant. Beautifully presented or greasy and messy, I don’t care. (As long as the meat isn’t slimy and fatty)If it’s delicious, I’ll eat it.
- I tell my mom everything.