I like to call these cakenuts cause they’re doughless. Although they take about 10 minutes to make I can assure you that you will enjoy these with a cup of coffee.
My little cousins loved these. I think most children prefer vanilla donuts over chocolate. Although I prefer chocolate I have to admit these were delicious and did I mention it takes about 10 minutes to make?
Baked Glazed Donuts
These sweet light and fluffy donuts aren’t fried which makes them more cake-like and less oily. These are a great dessert to have.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease the donut pan with baking spray or melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla bean paste, sugar, unsalted melted butter, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Place the batter into a piping bag and then fill each slot in the donut pan a little more than 3/4s full.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- While the donuts bake, prepare the glaze.
- Pour the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat continuously whisking for 2 minutes or until the powdered sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the glaze in a medium sized bowl.
- Let the glaze and donuts cool for about 1-2 minutes before glazing.
- Dunk the donuts into the bowl of glaze 2-3 times and then top with sprinkles if desired.