I like to call these cakenuts cause they’re doughless. Although they take about 10 minutes to make I can assure you that you will enjoy these with a cup of coffee.
My little cousins loved these. I think most children prefer vanilla donuts over chocolate. Although I prefer chocolate I have to admit these were delicious and did I mention it takes about 10 minutes to make?
Baked Glazed Donuts
These sweet and light cake donuts are baked instead of fried, making them fluffy and delicious (and slightly healthier too!) A perfect sweet treat for breakfast or dessert.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease the donut pan with baking spray or melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla bean paste, sugar, unsalted melted butter, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Place the batter into a piping bag and then fill each slot in the donut pan a little more than 3/4s full.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- While the donuts bake, prepare the glaze.
- Pour the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat continuously whisking for 2 minutes or until the powdered sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the glaze in a medium sized bowl.
- Let the glaze and donuts cool for about 1-2 minutes before glazing.
- Dunk the donuts into the bowl of glaze 2-3 times and then top with sprinkles if desired.