Man do I love these! If they have chicken flautas on the menu, I will order them. I like serving them with lots of lime and fresh cilantro. The best part about these is the cream cheese and well seasoned grilled chicken.
I like making these for parties and sometimes I even use store-bought rotisserie chicken and just add a bunch of spices to it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortillas
- oil for frying
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken and then season with poultry seasoning, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, jalapeños, green onions, and cilantro.
- Add the shredded chicken to the cream cheese mixture and check for seasoning.
- Microwave the corn tortillas for a couple of seconds.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture on the corn tortilla and roll them up.
- Fry the flats seam side down for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!