Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy
This easy buttermilk chicken fried steak will be a hit at your dinner table. Make this in under 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cuisine: American
Chicken Fried Steak:
- 3-4 thin cubed steaks
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp leftover oil
- 3 tbsp leftover seasoned flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- To prepare the seasoning, combine the paprika, cayenne pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Season the steaks on both sides with the seasoning blend, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pepper, and the remaining seasoning blend. Set 3 tbsp aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk and eggs.
- Dredge the steaks in the seasoned flour shaking any excess flour, then in the buttermilk mixture, then again in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side in a skillet over medium-high heat. Reserve 3 tbsp of the oil. Place the steaks on a baking sheet in the oven while you prepare the gravy.
- To make the gravy, add the 3 tbsp of leftover flour to the remaining oil in the skillet and stir. Stir in the chicken stock and milk. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until nice and thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken fried steak with the gravy on top and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken fried steak with gravy