The first time I ever made schnitzel, it was a complete mess. My mother kept shouting in the back ” pound it thinner thinner THINNER”. I didn’t use enough oil, I overcooked the chicken. A MESS. Nowadays, I make a very delicious schnitzel. I suggest you trust me and give this recipe a try.Print
This super easy chicken schnitzel recipe is seasoned and pan-fried to perfection. A must-try recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- 1-2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- With the edge of a knife parallel to the cutting board, begin cutting down the length of the side of the breast. slice the breast in half, almost to the other edge.
- Open the breast and season it on both sides with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and pound it out
- Dredge the chicken in some all purpose flour and shake off any excess.
- In a bowl, scramble 1 egg and place the chicken breast in the bowl. coat both sides of the chicken with the egg.
- Season the Panko breadcrumbs with some garlic powder
- Coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture
- Drizzle a large skillet with some vegetable oil
- Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side
- Serve with some lemon wedges and Enjoy!