If you’re ever in the mood for something comforting but healthy as well, this is the perfect recipe. I absolutely love this chicken zoodle soup recipe and usually make it on Monday afternoons. It’s so delicious and you feel so good after you eat a bowl of this chicken zoodle soup.
Use as many veggies as you’d like or have on hand. Avocados? Of course, throw them in. lemons, cilantro, you name it.
Chicken Zoodle Recipe
- 3 quartz of water
- 2 lb bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb zoodles
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, warm up some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and celery and cook 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the corn and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the water and chicken thighs.
- Let the soup come up to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 1 hour or until the chicken starts falling off the bone.
- Add the zoodles and the mushrooms.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and discard the skin.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and then place it back in the pot.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon and cilantro if desired.
Check out these other Delicious Soups:
Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cuban Chicken Noodle Soup
Detox Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe