This was the second video I ever posted on Youtube. I started my Youtube channel in late 2012 so a very long time ago. I used to make these cupcakes for almost every party I attended. I thought they were great and I still do. However, they do sink a bit when they bake.
I have another chocolate cupcake recipe that bakes perfectly. These are just incredibly moist and the vanilla bean buttercream is too good. So what if they sink just a little?Print
Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
These cupcakes bake up and have a little dip so you can put more frosting in there for more spreadability. Check them out today!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Sift the unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour mixture and egg mixture until well incorporated then pour in the boiling water slowly while mixing
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix the unsalted butter until smooth then add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla bean paste, and lemon juice.
- Mix on medium-high speed for about 3-4 minutes or until nice and fluffy.
- Frost the cooled cakes with the vanilla buttercream and enjoy!