Coconut Shrimp Curry
Easy coconut curry shrimp recipe made in under 30 minutes! My go-to favorite weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 green chilies
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- Season the shrimp with kosher salt and set aside.
- Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom seeds, green chilies, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and ginger/garlic paste, cook until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the garam masala, turmeric powder, and season with salt.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and check for seasoning.
- Add the shrimp, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for an additional minute uncovered.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired and enjoy!
Keywords: Indian Coconut Shrimp Curry