Growing up I hated pound cake. There was no frosting, so what was the point? I ate relatively healthy as a child. I disliked fries, mashed potatoes, coffee, chocolate ice cream, brownies, and the list goes on. Very weird because I live for all of those nowadays. This pound cake was so good I wish I could go back in time and force little Julie to take a bite of this cream cheese pound cake. I love the texture and taste of this pound cake.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour a 10″ bunt pan and set aside
- In a bowl, mix the softened unsalted butter and cream cheese until smooth
- Add the vanilla extract, sugar, and 6 eggs and mix until smooth
- Add the all purpose flour and mix until incorporated
- Pour the batter into the bunt pan and smooth out the top, bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve and Enjoy!