Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Easy and creamy mashed potatoes made with real potatoes, milk, and butter. Make these in under 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cuisine: American
- 3 lbs Yukon potatoes, peeled
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 8 tbsp unsalted softened butter
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or chives
- salt to taste
- Peel potatoes and place them in a large pot.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and season the water generously with kosher salt.
- Bring to a rapid boil and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pot.
- Using a potato masher, mash them and add the hot milk simultaneously.
- Stir in the butter and check for seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chives and enjoy!
Warm the milk in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat before adding to the mashed potatoes.
Keywords: creamy mashed potatoes