This quick and easy Easy Vegetarian Chili Recipe is packed with vegetables and beans. The perfect cozy meal made in under 45 minutes!
Serve this alongside Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread for the ultimate meal.
Easy Vegetarian Chili Recipe
This chili recipe can be completely adjusted to your liking. Swap out any veggies I used for any kind you’d like or may have on hand. Also, feel free to incorporate some protein if you’d like.
Why This Vegetarian Chili is so Good:
- Packed with vegetables and flavor.
- Super easy to make and makes the best leftovers if stored properly.
- You can make this low carb by omitting the carrots and beans and swapping it for low carb veggies like spinach and celery.
- It’s rich, thick, and delicious.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Onions – Vidalia is a sweet onion and it helps balance the acidity of the tomatoes. Although you may use any kind of onion.
- Red Bell Peppers – Green or yellow bell peppers work just as fine. Feel free to add jalapenos for a little kick.
- Garlic – Fresh and finely minced garlic.
- Tomato Paste
- Red Kidney Beans – Black beans and cannellini beans would work great with this recipe. A combination of all three would be fantastic.
- Tomato Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes – I used canned diced tomatoes but feel free to use fresh tomatoes.
- Granulated Garlic
- Chili Powder – A must when making chili. It adds flavor, color, and a spice. Adjust it to your liking.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Vegetarian Chili
Making chili has never been easier, here’s all you have to do:
- Cook the onions and peppers in a dutch oven until nice and translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let it come to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until the carrots are fork-tender. Check for seasoning and enjoy warm.
What can I Serve This With?
Although cheese, sour cream, and scallions are served with chili traditionally there are many other options. You may serve this over rice and pasta. A simple tomato avocado salad on the side would go great with this as well.
More Comfort Food Meals You’ll Enjoy
- 1/2 Vidalia onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 16 ounces can dark red kidney beans
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounce chili beans kidney beans mild chili sauce
- 14.5 ounce petite diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 Tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 Tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the onions and peppers over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, corn, beans, tomato paste, granulated garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Let it come to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes hour or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Check for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, if desired and enjoy immediately!