Fluffy buttermilk pancakes filled with lemon zest and delicious soft ricotta cheese served with powdered sugar and maple syrup for the win!
Think brunch, birthday mornings, Saturday mornings, or 7 pm on a weeknight. This is the perfect meal for any time or day of the week. These fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes are filled with lemon zest and ricotta cheese. You will not taste the ricotta cheese, it just gives it a very smooth and delicious texture.
The pancake batter should be very thick and these are super fluffy. If you prefer flatter pancakes, I suggest smoothing out the batter in the skillet. I like them fluffy, crispy around the edges, and soft in the inside. And of course, my favorite way of serving these is with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
You can also sprinkle some lemon zest on these and add some whipped cream.
Make sure to check out this other wonderful pancake recipe:
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Easy buttermilk fluffy pancakes filled with ricotta cheese and lemon zest.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 pancakes
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- butter, for griddle
- Warm up some butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve with powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Keywords: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes