Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Easy grilled chicken parmesan in under 30 minutes! Juicy grilled chicken seasoned to perfection and cooked in a homemade sauce.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, and oregano.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture, salt, and pepper.
- Add a couple of tbsp of oil to a large skillet and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions and red crushed pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Once the sauce is nice and warm place the chicken back in the skillet and pour some sauce over the chicken.
- Add the parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
To cut the cooking time in half use store-bought marinara sauce.
Keywords: Grilled Chicken Parmesan