I can’t explain how much I love the smell of cinnamon rolls in the morning. If I ever come across a cinnamon roll candle, I’m buying. I love cinnamon rolls but no one on this planet loves cinnamon rolls more than my brother. It’s almost tradition for my mom and me to buy my brother cinnamon rolls each time we go to the mall. Oh, he’s not picky. He’ll take any cinnamon roll you throw at him but he obviously prefers the good kind.
By the good kind I mean, from a tiny little bakery or homemade. I just love little cafes that serve cinnamon rolls and coffee, but homemade cinnamon rolls? They make your house smell amazing and you can brag about the rolls being made from scratch.
These are super easy to make and soooo delicious. I highly recommend using dental floss to give you a perfect cut. I also recommend making these for breakfast around the holidays for your family especially if you have family traveling to stay with you.
Warm, chewy, and gooey cinnamon rolls that will make your entire kitchen smell like a bakery. These warm rolls are a great dessert or weekend brunch treat.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp warm milk
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the warm water, yeast, and 1/4 tsp sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the yeast foams up, stir in the milk, sugar, egg, salt, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add half of the flour to the yeast mixture and combine until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining flour slowly and mix with a dough hook for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Lightly flour your working surface and roll out the dough a knead it for 1 minute with your hands.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl then cover it and place it in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch, set aside.
- When the dough has doubled in size, roll it onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into a 15x10 rectangle. Spread the softened butter over the dough within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the dough within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, tightly roll the dough into a log.
- Using unflavored dental floss, cut 12 rolls and place them on a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover the rolls and place them in a warm place. Let them rise for 45 minutes or until the rolls double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the rolls double in size, place them in the oven and bake them for 28-30 minutes.
- While the rolls bake, prepare the cream cheese frosting by combining the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and warm milk until nice and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!