These are not “grandmas tacos” these are Julie’s honey shrimp tacos and I’ll admit I’m crazy about them. I’ve made these several times and my favorite way of serving these is with white rice and black beans. They’re crunchy, sweet, delicious, and fresh.
Honey Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 cup Cabbage
- 4 tbsp Green Onion
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Beer
- 1 Egg
- In a bowl, mix the all purpose flour, baking powder, beer, and egg
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper
- Coat the shrimp in the beer batter and fry for about 1 minute.
- In a skillet, add the honey, soy sauce, and minced garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds
- Add the shrimp to the honey soy sauce and stir for a couple seconds
- Serve honey shrimp on top of grilled flour tortillas or fried corn tortillas
- Add some green onions, cabbage, cilantro, and Enjoy!