Instant Pot Chicken Curry is my favorite thing to make in the instant pot. It’s so flavorful, easy, and you can add any veggies you’d like. Healthy flavorful dinner made in under 20 minutes.
A lot of you guys have requested more instant pot recipes and I’m happy to provide. They are so ridiculously easy to make. My favorite instant pot recipes are chicken curry recipes because they’re easy, comforting, and warm. Perfect for a chilly winter night.
What’s better than flavorful chicken with a bunch of veggies? For this recipe, I only used fresh spinach but feel free to add mushrooms, corn, and carrots, if you’d like.
You may serve this with brown rice, naan, white fluffy rice, mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice, etc. This recipe is low carb and keto friendly.
This recipe tastes even better the following day. Who doesn’t like leftovers? Maybe kids. Busy adults love leftovers. I like to cook the chicken until it falls off the bone. The chicken will soak up all the flavors while it cooks in the instant pot. Then you simply pour some extra sauce on the rice along with some chicken, and you will be in heaven.
Instant Pot Chicken Curry with Spinach
This instant pot chicken curry with spinach is the ultimate plate of comfort food with rice or naan. Flavorful and delicious dinner in under 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
- 3lb bone in chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered fennel (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 cups spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with cumin, coriander, fennel, chili powder, turmeric, salt, pepper, and set aside.
- Set instant pot to saute, add oil and let it warm up.
- Add onions, tomatoes, and ginger/garlic paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and water, cover with the instant pot lid, close steam valve and set to manual, pressure high, for 15 minutes.
- When done, move steam valve slowly and slowly release steam. Open the lid slowly and carefully.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cornstarch and spinach and allow to simmer with the lid off for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 3 servings
Keywords: Instant pot chicken and spinach curry