Instant pot green beans with bacon are the ultimate side dish for any meal. I love serving these alongside
Green beans are super healthy and easy to make so I make it a mission to cook these at least once a week. These green beans with bacon are packed with flavor and cooks in under 5 minutes in the instant pot.
Although you may certainly roast these in the oven or cook them on the stovetop.
Bacon adds tons of flavor so definitely use it if you have it on hand. If you’re not a fan of bacon or would like to keep this vegetarian, just omit the bacon and just add a little extra butter and garlic for extra flavor!
These instant pot green beans with bacon are perfectly crisp and tender. You are going to love these!
Ingredient’s you’ll need for these instant pot green beans:
- Green Beans
- Chicken Broth
- Red Crushed Pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make instant pot green beans with bacon
- Start by prepping the beans. You’ll want to wash the green beans with cold water, trim them, and dry them.
- Turn the instant pot saute function on and let it get hot. Once it’s hot add a splash of oil and then cook the bacon until crisp on both sides. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the garlic and red crushed pepper and cook until fragrant.
- Press the cancel function and add all of the remaining ingredients. Place the lid on the instant pot and set to pressure cook for 4 minutes. Release the steam completely before opening the lid. Please read the instant pot manual before using it.
- Check for seasoning and add the bacon on top. Serve warm and enjoy!
- I enjoy green beans with a little crunch but if you prefer them tender, cook them for 8 minutes instead of 4.
- Make this a vegan side dish by replacing the chicken stock with vegetable stock and omitting the bacon and butter.
More delicious side dishes you’ll enjoy:
Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 lbs green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the saute function on the instant pot and add some oil.
- Add the bacon to the instant pot and cook until crisp on both sides. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onions to the instant pot and cook for 2 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the red crushed pepper and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Press the cancel function and add the remaining ingredients. Place the lid on the instant pot and press the pressure cook function. Cook for 4 minutes and release the steam before opening the lid.
- Check for seasoning and add the bacon. Serve warm and enjoy!