Orange Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Soft and moist orange lemon poppy seed muffins made with yogurt! Super delicious breakfast or dessert recipe ready in under 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 7 muffins
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of half an orange (about 1 tbsp)
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, unsalted butter, yogurt, sour cream, lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, orange juice, and sugar.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- Scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop into muffin tin, 3/4 cup full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the glaze, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Dip the cooled muffins into the glaze and garnish with fresh orange zest, if desired.
Do not over mix the batter and do not over bake the muffins.
Keywords: Orange Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins