I believe pumpkin pie should be mandatory at every Thanksgiving table. Even if you’re a pumpkin pie hater (which I was one for many years) at least someone in your family likes it. Therefore you should make this pie.
I love the addition of cream cheese in this pie. It’s so rich. But it is Thanksgiving. We’re supposed to splurge. We’re supposed to eat Turkey, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie.
If you’re feeling a bit naughty add a tiny bit of cognac.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough to a 13" circle and cover a 9" pie dish with it.
- Crimp the edges and then place aluminum foil over the pie crust.
- Place some pie weights or beans over the aluminum foil and then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Let the pie crust cool completely.
- Add the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla extract, cream cheese, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin puree into the baking dish.
Bake for 55 minutes or until done. Allow cooling for 3-4 hours before enjoying!
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!