Delicious flank steak seasoned and cooked to perfection in a tomato broth. The entire family will enjoy this classic Cuban dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Cuban
- 2 lbs boneless flank steak
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp sazon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp sofrito
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3–4 tbsp olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the saute function on your instant pot and add some oil.
- Once the oil gets hot, add the onions and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh garlic, sofrito, sazon, cumin, oregano, and granulated garlic.
- Add the tomato sauce, dry white wine, water, bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flank steak and make sure the flank steak is covered with the tomato and water mixture.
- Seal the lid and press the pressure cook function. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Once the 40 minutes are up, release all of the steam before opening.
- Place the flank steak on a cutting board and shred using 2 forks.
- Place the shredded beef back into the instant pot.
- Add the olives.
- Press the saute function and cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the tomato broth thickens, check for seasoning, and serve immediately.
If you like this dish a bit sweet, add 1/2 tsp of sugar or ketchup.