Looking for a low carb dinner recipe? Look no further! This Saag Paneer is keto friendly, gluten-free, and vegetarian. Seasoned paneer simmered in a thick spinach and fresh coriander gravy.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you may know that Indian food is my absolute favorite. So much flavor. Today I want to share one of my favorite recipes. Saag Paneer. It’s Keto friendly, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian. You can serve this with cauliflower rice if you’re on a low carb or keto diet. This saag paneer recipe makes wonderful leftovers. In fact, it always tastes better the next day 🙂
I would say this is a medium spice curry. I didn’t remove the chili seeds but you may do so if you’d like. I also seasoned the paneer with a little turmeric to give it color and garam masala as well.
Saag Paneer – Keto Friendly, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Give this saag paneer a try! If you love spinach and cheese then you will devour this. Sooo good.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 16 ounces spinach
- 14 ounces paneer
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 small onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 bay leave
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt it generously.
- Drizzle the paneer with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season the paneer with turmeric, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp garam masala.
- Fry the paneer over high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the fried paneer from the skillet and set aside.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Add the spinach to the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes, drain completely.
- Place half of the spinach and coriander in a food processor and blend until pureed.
- Warm up some oil in a pan.
- Add the bay leave and cumin seeds, let the cumin seeds pop.
- Stir in the remaining garam masala.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, and green chilies for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the spinach and paneer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4 servings