This risotto is far from your average risotto. We’re talking saffron, chorizo, and parmesan cheese here. Something good is bound to come out of that trio. The texture and flavor of this risotto is, how do I best describe this? Amazing with a capital A! It’s a delicate dinner and if you’re an adult a glass of wine with this would hit the spot.
Saffron and Chorizo Risotto
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 spanish chorizo
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken stock in a sauce pan and bring it up to a boil
- Once the chicken stock is at a rapid boil, add the saffron and lower the heat to low.
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo for about a minute, remove the chorizo from the skillet and set aside
- Add some butter to the skillet and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the arborio rice, coat it with the butter and onions for about 2 minutes and then add minced garlic
- Pour white wine and let it absorb completely, then add one ladle full of saffron chicken stock, stir and once absorbed completely add another ladle full and repeat process
- Continue cooking the rice this way for about 20 minutes while continuously stirring.
- When the rice is just about fully cooked, add in one last ladle full and once 1/4 of the stock reduces stir in the parmesan cheese, butter, chorizo, salt and pepper and parsley.
- Turn off the heat and cover with a lid for about 3 minutes
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!