I call this recipe a lazy one but a goody. What’s better than perfectly seasoned spicy shrimp and asparagus? I originally wanted to make chili garlic shrimp but ended up turning it into a shrimp and asparagus dinner. I did add a little bit of sugar because I like that it helps to caramelize the shrimp and it also goes nicely with chili.
You can, of course, omit the sugar if you are on a low carb diet or just don’t feel is necessary. I added lots of garlic and some butter. The butter helps deglaze the skillet. You can use white wine to deglaze the pan instead. I recommend serving this with white or brown rice. You may even serve it with rice noodles.
Shrimp and Asparagus
Quick and easy shrimp and asparagus dinner that can be ready in a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some oil in a large skillet.
- Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the asparagus cooks, Combine shrimp, chili powder, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Omit the sugar and reduce the chili if you want to make it a little healthier and less spicy.
- Serving Size: 2 servings