If you’re looking for a mega rich loose cheesy corn dip this isn’t it. Although that does sound delicious it isn’t what I was going for. Although this is kind of rich and cheesy, it isn’t like most corn dips. I wanted to serve this as a side for a roast chicken so I didn’t want it to be repugnant. Not claiming it’s healthy but I did go easy on the mayo and softened cream cheese.
I love making this year round but I always make it for Thanksgiving. Strange, I know. My family loves it. It’s spicy and just all around perfect.
Spicy Corn Dip
- 5 ears corn
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/2 serrano pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 3–4 tbsp softened cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of chili powder
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the onions and peppers in a large buttered skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the veggies become translucent.
- Add the corn and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place the corn mixture into a baking dish.
- Stir in the chipotle sauce, mayonnaise, softened cream cheese, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the corn evenly and then top it off with cheddar cheese.
- Place it in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy with tortilla chips, if desired.