This is definitely an oldie but a goodie. If you’ve never heard of or tasted a strawberry charlotte cake then you’re missing out. It’s made with fresh strawberries, ladyfingers, and whipped cream. I won’t be mad if you drizzle a little cognac in the filling or soak the ladyfingers in it 🙂 This recipe is alcohol-free but feel free to adjust it to your liking.
I originally filmed this tutorial years ago and I wish I would’ve taken nicer photos. In fact, I now have an excuse to recreate an updated Strawberry Charlotte Cake. I will add alcohol and try to take better photos next time.
Strawberry Charlotte Cake
Servings: 8 servings
Ladyfingers, strawberries and a sweet gelatin pudding make this cake a star. This is perfect for a birthday party or as a springtime dessert to showcase the flavors of the season.
- 2 pints strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package of Lady Fingers
- 1 pint of strawberries for decorating
- Cut 1/4th off the ladyfingers and place the smaller pieces on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place the longer pieces all around the sides of the springform pan.
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the strawberries cool completely and then place in a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add water to a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract for 3-4 minutes or until it forms soft peaks.
- Place the gelatin in the microwave for 10 seconds and then add it to the strawberry mixture.
- Fold 1/4 cup of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture and repeat until all of the whipped cream is incorporated.
- Place the filling into the springform pan and slice off the ladyfinger tops if desired.
- Refrigerate the cake for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Decorate the strawberry Charlotte with fresh strawberries if desired, and enjoy!
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Vitamin C: 69.9mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply