This strawberry daiquiri is a blend of frozen and fresh strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, and coconut rum. A fruity refreshing drink that’s super easy to make!
Frozen cocktails and green apple martinis are my happy hour favorites. Now you can make this delicious strawberry daiquiri right at home with just a handful of ingredients. Although most folks consider this a summer drink, I like to enjoy it year-round!
What Is A Strawberry Daiquiri Made Of?
- Frozen and fresh strawberries – Frozen strawberries are a must if you don’t want to use ice. It will give it that thick and creamy consistency.
- Lime – Adds freshness and a touch of acidity.
- Simple Syrup – Although you can purchase store-bought, I highly recommend making it because it’s so easy!
- White Rum – I used white coconut rum but feel free to use any type of rum.
How To Make
- Begin by making the simple syrup. Add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of granulated to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Once the sugar dissolves, remove it from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Add the simple syrup, frozen strawberries, lime juice, fresh strawberries, and rum to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a chilled glass and top off with more rum on top and whipped cream, if desired! Garnish with fresh strawberries or maraschino cherries.
Top Tips And Variations
- Don’t use ice! It will give it that icy taste and water it down.
- The simple syrup is a must to give it that nice sweet taste. Strawberries are really tart so they need sugar.
- Add as much or as little alcohol as you like.
- To make a virgin strawberry daiquiri, simply omit the rum.
- You can use any type of fruit you have on hand. Mango daiquiris would require frozen mangoes and fresh mangos instead of strawberries.
- If the dairuiri is too runny, add more frozen strawberries!
Common Conversions From Fluid Ounces To Cups
- 1 oz = 0.125 cup
- 2 oz = 0.25 cup
- 4 oz = 0.5 cup
- 8 oz = 1 cup
What Kind Of Rum Is Best For Strawberry Daiquiris?
Any type of white rum will work. Bacardi, Malibu coconut rum, Don Pancho, or El Dorado are all excellent choices.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
You can make the simple syrup ahead of time. However, I highly recommend blending the daiquiri right before serving it for the best results.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 5 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 cup white coconut rum or white rum
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- To make simple syrup, mix equal parts granulated sugar and water. Cook the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar completely dissolves. This should take 10 minutes. I used 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
- Let the simple syrup cool completely.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Top the daiquiris off with more rum and whipped cream, if desired.
- To make it thicker and creamier, add more frozen strawberries!
- Don’t add ice.
- To make it virgin, omit the rum.