Sugar Cookies with Icing
Soft and chewy sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles! Incredibly delicious cookies that your friends and family will love.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (12 tbsp)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- To make the cookies, mix the softened butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Wrap the dough with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the cookie dough is chilled, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and a sprinkling of flour.
- Cut out the cookies and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the icing, whisk the powdered sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before icing.
For firm cookies with crispy edges bake for 12-15 minutes.
If you want to frost the entire batch of cookies, I suggest tripling the icing recipe.
Keywords: sugar cookies with icing