This is an oldie but definitely a goodie! I’m obsessed with tossing sun-dried tomatoes and cheese together. Such a delicious combo. You can certainly make this without chicken but I love adding protein to pasta dishes. You can even toss in some spinach and mushrooms here.
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 lb chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili powder to taste optional
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Coat the chicken in all-purpose flour, removing any excess flour.
- Fry the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tbsp all-purpose flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock and let it come to a simmer.
- Add the heavy cream and fresh parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and then place the chicken back into the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve with fettuccine and enjoy!