Who puts carrots, corn, and mushrooms in their chili? This girl right here! This is the exact recipe I used for my original chili recipe, however, I did adjust it. I omitted the beer, the salsa, cumin, and reduced the amount of chili powder. Since there is no meat to soak up the cumin and chili I decided to omit the cumin and just reduce the chili amount. You can certainly add some beer to this but it is January 4th and a lot of you have new year resolutions.
I really enjoyed this, it was super loaded with veggies which is exactly what I wanted. I wanted this to be very filling but light at the same time. I still served this with some cheddar cheese and sour cream because let’s face it, new year but same me.
Serve with cheddar, sour cream, and green onions for the ultimate yum!
Delicious and comforting meatless chili with tons of fresh vegetables and spices
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 Vidalia onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 16 ounces can dark red kidney beans
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounce chili beans kidney beans mild chili sauce
- 14.5 ounce petite diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 Tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 Tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the onions and peppers over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, corn, beans, tomato paste, granulated garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Let it come to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes hour or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Check for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, if desired and enjoy immediately!