Classic Turkey Meatloaf
Melt in your mouth ground turkey meatloaf with a ketchup glaze.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Add olive oil to a small skillet and heat over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and red crushed pepper, cook until fragrant. Remove off the heat.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked onion mixture, egg, 2 tbsp of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.
Add the ground turkey to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
Place the ground turkey mixture on a baking sheet and form it into a log or use a meatloaf pan, if desired.
Brush the meatloaf with ketchup, leaving about 2 tbsp behind and bake for 40 minutes.
Brush the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Make it Low Carb or Keto Friendly and swap out the breadcrumbs for almond meal.
- Don't like ketchup? Use BBQ Sauce instead of ketchup.
- Want to spice it up? Add a splash of sriracha to your meatloaf mixture.
- Use a combination of pork, beef, and veal if you don't want to use ground turkey.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 312mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.1mg