Liven up the holiday fun and add in this recipe for coquito! A deliciously rich drink just like eggnog, but with a Puerto Rican touch to it. Three different kinds of milk, rum, and cinnamon make up this unforgettable holiday recipe.
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 oz) can cream of coconut
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut optional
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour before serving. Serve in chilled glasses.
Place the shredded coconut in a small skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Run a lime slice over the top of the glass rim and coat the rim with the toasted coconut, if desired.