Seafood Mac and Cheese
This seafood mac and cheese is loaded with lump crab meat, shrimp, gruyere cheese, and cheddar cheese. Super cheesy, creamy, and packed with all the right flavors!
- 1 lb pipette pasta or any type of short pasta
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta until al dente and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Season the shrimp and crab with 1 tsp old bay seasoning and lemon zest.
Melt the butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the all-purpose flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently. Add the milk and cook for 20-30 minutes stirring frequently.
Once the sauce thickens, turn off the heat. Add the dijon mustard, 1 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the pasta and shrimp and crab mixture gently. Add the remaining cheese on top.
Bake for 22 minutes and enjoy!
- Stir the bechamel sauce frequently so the bottom doesn't burn.
- Use good quality crab meat and raw shrimp.
- Season generously with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Use cold milk for the roux, to prevent any lumps.
- Cook the pasta al dente, it will continue cooking in the oven.
- Use block cheese and shred it yourself.
Calories: 883kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 238mg | Sodium: 1147mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1344IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 1017mg | Iron: 3mg