Creamy Garlic Scallops
These creamy garlic scallops are made with just a handful of ingredients in under 20 minutes! Tender scallops tossed is a rich parmesan lemon cream sauce. Serve this over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes for a restaurant-quality meal!
- 2 lbs scallops
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 shallot finely diced
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest just a pinch
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley optional
Remove the scallops side muscle and pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously on both sides with Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is super hot, add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the scallops from the skillet and set it aside.
Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 20 seconds or until fragrant. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. You can add a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan if you want. Completely optional.
Add the heavy cream, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Reduce the heat to medium and cook the sauce until thickened. It should take about 5-6 minutes.
Place the scallops back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over the scallops. Cook for about 30 seconds and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
- Use fresh and good quality ingredients. Fresh garlic and freshly grated parmesan cheese make all the difference!
- Don't have scallops but have every other ingredient? Make this with chicken, shrimp, steak, or lobster tails.
- Want to make the ultimate meal? Cook some steak and serve these creamy garlic scallops on top! Toss in some jumbo lump crab meat and you're in business.
- Don't like lemon zest? Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Although I prefer a pinch of lemon zest because it is much more potent.
- If you like a bit of heat, feel free to add a generous pinch of red crushed pepper.
- Serve with some crusty Italian bread to soak up all that leftover sauce.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 932mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 894IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg