Crispy Chicken Cutlets
These delicious crispy chicken cutlets are thinly sliced and coated with a mixture of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese for a crispy skillet chicken breast. Serve it plain or add it to your favorite pasta or salad to add texture, flavor, and crunch!
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts pounded if needed
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil, for frying
In a large dish, combine the plain breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and granulated garlic. Whisk 2 eggs and 2 tbsp milk in a separate dish.
Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Coat the chicken in the all-purpose flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it into the milk and egg mixture and finally coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
Fry in vegetable oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy.
- Make sure you use an oil that has a high smoke point to pan-fry the chicken. Vegetable oil or canola is best!
- Chicken cutlets should all roughly be the same size to make sure they cook evenly in the pan.
- You may need to cook the chicken in batches depending on the size of your skillet. Add more oil as necessary. Do not overcrowd the pan!
- Store-bought breadcrumbs range in flavor so be sure to adjust your seasonings as necessary. Although, I highly recommend plain bread crumbs.
- It’s best to cook chicken that has been sitting at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Taking the chill off will keep it from getting tough.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 515mg | Potassium: 963mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3mg