Fried Coconut Shrimp
This fried coconut shrimp recipe is jumbo shrimp coated with sweetened coconut flakes and panko then fried till crispy. I also share a three-ingredient orange dipping sauce for these succulent shrimp that takes them to the next level.
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil, for frying
Orange Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or to taste
Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl and set it aside. In a separate bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs and sweetened coconut flakes until well combined. In a separate dish, season the flour with paprika and granulated garlic and set it aside.
Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper. Coat the shrimp in the seasoned flour on both sides, then dip it into the eggs, and finally coat it on both sides with the coconut mixture.
Fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side. To make the orange dipping sauce, simply mix the sweetened orange marmalade, dijon mustard, and sriracha sauce.
- Fry the shrimp in batches, don't overcrowd the skillet.
- Don't use cooked shrimp.
- If you like the orange sauce really spicy, add more sriracha.
- Let the shrimp cool a bit before enjoying, they will be too hot straight out of the fryer.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 108IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg