Arroz con Salchichas
This arroz con salchichas is loaded with canned vienna sausage and sweet corn. A quick and easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes with just a handful of ingredients.
- 2 cups medium-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp sazon
- 1/4 cup sofrito
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp vino seco dry white wine (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 cans Vienna sausage drained
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
Add the oil to a large pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
Add the sofrito, oregano, cumin, vino seco, and bay leaf. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the rice and coat it with the sofrito and spices.
Add the water, Vienna sausage, corn, salt, and pepper. Let it come to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Fluff the rice with a fork and enjoy!
- Use medium-grain rice, do not use instant rice or basmati rice.
- Add some green peas and fresh cilantro.
- If you don't have vino seco (dry white wine) feel free to use regular white wine or vinegar instead. If using white vinegar, add a splash.
- Use salami instead of Vienna sausage if you prefer.
- To make it spicy, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder to the sofrito.
Calories: 702kcal | Carbohydrates: 107g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 6mg