Chipotle Chicken (Copycat Recipe)
This chipotle chicken is a copycat recipe from the famous chain restaurant we all know and love! Juicy chicken breasts packed with flavor that can be grilled or baked.
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce only use 2 peppers and discard the seeds.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lime juiced
Remove the seeds from 2 chipotle peppers and discard the rest. Place the 2 chipotle peppers and all of the sauce into a food processor or blender.
Add the water, garlic cloves, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, oregano, and cumin. Blend until smooth.
Place the chicken and marinade in a large freezer bag and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Let the chicken sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is nice and hot add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Chop the chicken into nite-sized pieces and check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- If you want it extra spicy don't discard the seeds.
- Add some brown sugar or honey to sweeten it up.
- Use beef, shrimp, pork, or chicken thighs.
- Use the chipotle chicken to make burritos, tacos, or bowls.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- If you notice the chicken is still raw after you chopped it, toss it back into the skillet and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1765mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2563IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg