Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops
This Tuscan shrimp and scallops is succulent shrimp, scallops, and fresh spinach, tossed in a creamy parmesan sauce.
- 1/2 lb shrimp raw, peeled, and deveined
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 1/2 shallot finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- red crushed pepper to taste optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the shrimp and scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove them from the skillet. Add some butter and shallots to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the spinach and red crushed pepper, season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the fresh garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Once the sauce thickens slightly, add the shrimp and cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked through.
Place the scallops back into the skillet and cook for an additional 10-20 seconds. Check for seasoning and enjoy.
- Make sure the scallops are very dry, that is the only way to get that beautiful crust.
- Go easy on the salt when seasoning the sauce, the parmesan cheese will add lots of saltiness and so will the seasoned shrimp and scallops.
- Not a fan of spinach? Add some red bell peppers, mushrooms, and/or eggplant.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 247mg | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1709IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 2mg