Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
This slow cooker creamed corn contains cream cheese, butter, garlic, and fresh corn! The ultimate side dish for the holidays or any special occasion.
- 5 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups cheddar cheese optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chives
Remove the husks from the corn and cut the kernels from the cob. Add the kernels to the slow cooker. Stir in the heavy cream and whole milk.
Top off the corn with the cream cheese and butter, don't stir. Cover and cook on high for two hours.
After two hours, uncover, stir, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh chives if desired, and enjoy!
- I used sweet corn but if your corn isn't sweet, add 1 tbsp of granulated sugar to sweeten it up a bit!
- You can cook it on slow for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. It all depends on your schedule.
- Want to thicken it? Add 3/4 cups of cheddar cheese at the end and stir it in. That will make it super creamy and add so much flavor!
- The cheddar cheese will thicken it a lot! If you like a very loose consistency, omit the cheddar cheese.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1301IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg