Marry Me Chicken
This marry me chicken recipe consists of boneless chicken, basil, cheese, and sundried tomatoes. A delicious and effortless meal that will have your guests begging for seconds!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts sliced into 6 cutlets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Set it aside.
Slice the three boneless chicken breasts into 6 thin cutlets.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, olive oil, and the spice blend on both sides.
Add oil to a large skillet and cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Remove it from the skillet. Remove any excess grease, if desired.
Add the butter to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan. Stir in the fresh garlic and red crushed pepper flakes. Cook for 20 seconds
Stir in the chicken stock, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. Let it come up to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir frequently.
Season the sauce with salt and pepper, add the fresh basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Place the chicken back into the skillet, cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- bone-in chicken thighs take longer to cook than thin chicken cutlets. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- If using bone-in chicken thighs, make sure to cook the chicken skin side down first, and then finish cooking it in the oven with the sauce for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- If you don't like it spicy, omit the red crushed pepper.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1775IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 1mg