Spicy Turkey Picadillo
This spicy turkey picadillo is a blend of ground turkey, olives, raisins, Calabrian chilies, spices, and tomato sauce. A quick and easy Cuban meal that everyone will love!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tbsp sofrito
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely diced
- 3 tsp Calabrian chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp vino seco dry white wine
- 1 tsp sazon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olives
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and brown completely. Add the onions, peppers, and Calabrian chilies. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- I like picadillo to be on the saucy side especially when using ground turkey. Therefore I add a good amount of tomato sauce and water. If you like it less saucy, add less water and tomato sauce.
- The sazon contains a good amount of salt so be careful not to add too much salt.
- I used 3 tsp of Calabrian chilies but start with 1 tsp and work your way up until it's spicy enough for you.
- If you can't find Calabrian chilies, use spicy hot sazon, diced jalapenos, or cayenne pepper instead.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 690mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg