Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
This cranberry pecan chicken salad is super creamy, easy to make, and makes the best leftovers! A delicious meal that can be served as a wrap, sandwich, or with a side of crackers.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts about 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning or salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion chopped into chunks
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the chicken, 1/2 lemon, onions, garlic cloves, Cajun seasoning, parsley, and 4 cups of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool completely. Once the chicken cools, dice it or shred it and set it aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, 2 tsp lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Fold in the chicken, chopped pecans, cranberries, dill, and green onions. Check for seasoning and enjoy!
- If you like your chicken salad sweet and crunchy, add more cranberries and pecans than suggested.
- You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken to save some time. But homemade chicken is always best!
- Want to make it spicy? Add some finely diced jalapenos or green chilies. A pinch of cayenne pepper too!
- Season to taste, add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or chipotle seasoning for extra flavor.
- You can also season it with just salt and pepper if you want a more classic chicken salad.
Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 1100mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1831IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg