This lobster scampi recipe is juicy chunks of lobster meat and pasta, tossed in a delicious wine sauce.
- 2 lobster tails I like to use one 4 ounce lobster tail per person
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- pinch red crush pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 lemon the juice and zest
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 4 tbsp butter
- bunch fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Split lobster tails lengthwise with kitchen shears. Remove the lobster meat and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobster tails and pasta and cook the pasta according to box instructions. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water and set it aside.
Add the olive oil and shallots to a large skillet and cook for about 1 minute over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and red crushed pepper and cook until fragrant.
Add the white wine, pasta water, and 2 tbsp of butter. Cook for 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken and the wine reduces by half.
Stir in the lobster meat, lemon juice, and remaining butter. Cook the lobster meat for 1 minute or until it turns white. Add the cooked pasta and garnish it with fresh parsley and lemon zest. Enjoy!
- Don't add too much pasta to the sauce especially if you like it saucy. Only use about 1/2 lb of pasta.
- Be careful not to overcook the lobster chunks, it cooks in about 1-2 minutes so keep an eye on it.
Calories: 931kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 709IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg