This skillet lasagna is noodles, meat sauce, and four different kinds of cheese, all cooked to perfection in under 45 minutes!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb beef
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodles broken in half
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, break it up, and brown completely, this should take about 5 minutes.
Add the onions, garlic, and red crushed pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Add the broken noodles and then pour the crushed tomatoes and water on top of the noodles. Add the sugar and mix well making sure the noodles are completely submerged in the sauce. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
Once the 15 minutes are up, add the fresh basil, ricotta cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well and check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Top it off with fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese, place it under the broiler for 1-2 minutes and enjoy!
- If you're a bit iffy about adding the uncooked noodles to the skillet, feel free to boil them and then add them to the skillet once the meat sauce is done cooking.
- The sugar will help balance the acidity of the crushed tomatoes so I highly recommend adding 1/2 tsp. However, feel free to simply omit it.
- Want to add red wine to your meat sauce? Add 1/2 cup once the beef is completely browned and let it reduce by half before adding the noodles.
- Make sure the uncooked lasagna noodles are covered with sauce, cover, and cook over medium heat for at least 15 minutes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper!
Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 763mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 608IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 4mg