Honey Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These honey buffalo chicken meatballs are coated in a sweet and spicy delicious sauce. The meatballs are made with ground chicken and bake perfectly in under 20 minutes!
- 1 lb ground chicken not ground chicken breast
- 8 ritz crackers crushed
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles optional
- 1 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1 egg room temperature
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, onions, garlic, egg, spices, ritz crackers, blue cheese crumbles, and 1 tbsp buffalo sauce. Mix until well combined but don't overmix.
In a separate bowl, combine the remaining buffalo sauce and honey. Taste and adjust it if needed.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and roll the chicken mixture into 2 tablespoon balls. Use wet hands to form perfect balls and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 16 minutes. Once the 16 minutes are up, brush the meatballs with the honey buffalo sauce and then broil for 1-2 minutes.
Place the cooked chicken meatballs in a large bowl and pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs and coat them well. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Take the ground chicken out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Cooking cold chicken straight out of the fridge will result in uneven cooking.
- Wet your hands before rolling the meatballs, it makes such a difference!
- Don't overcook the meatballs! If you want them perfectly juicy, cook them for 18 minutes tops!
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg