Lemon Ricotta Pasta
This lemon ricotta pasta dish is for ricotta cheese and lemon lovers! It's a quick and easy meal made in under 30 minutes.
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper or to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil or more
- 1 cup pasta water or more
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the spinach and olive oil to a large skillet, cover, and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
While the spinach cooks, cook the pasta according to packaging instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
Once the spinach is completely wilted, add the garlic, red crushed pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and pasta water. Mix until smooth and check for seasoning.
Add the pasta to the skillet and mix well. The more you mix the pasta, the creamier it will be. Add more pasta water if needed.
Serve with fresh parmesan cheese and lemon wedges, and enjoy!
- If you want a super smooth sauce, add the sauce to a blender and mix it until smooth.
- Not a fan of spinach? Add 1/4 cup of basil instead. It adds really good flavor.
- Feel free to toss in some grape tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, or peas.
- Want to include some meat? Add some bacon, pancetta, or proscuitto.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1815IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 2mg