This guacamole recipe is made with just 6 ingredients in under 10 minutes. It's creamy and savory, with a nutty flavor. The perfect dip, topping, or snack!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno deseeded and diced
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped tomatoes, for garnishing optional
Scoop the avocado flesh into a molcajete or medium bowl. Add the lime and salt and mash with a fork until it reaches your desired consistency.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Check for seasoning and add more lime or salt if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Guacamole is best when you serve it immediately but if you need to make it ahead of time, place the avocado pits in the guacamole and lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent it from browning.
- I prefer a chunkier texture but if you like it smooth, mash it for a few extra seconds. If serving a large crowd, I recommend serving it chunky. If they like it smoother they can always mash it themselves.
- Like it extra spicy? Use serrano peppers instead of jalapenos.
- Traditional guacamole is made with very few ingredients but feel free to include diced tomatoes, roasted corn, pumpkin seeds, crab, or cotija cheese.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg