Deli Style Macaroni Salad
This deli-style macaroni salad is creamy, crunchy, tangy, and sweet. It's pasta, celery, peppers, carrots, and scallions, tossed in a homemade creamy dressing.
- 1 lb macaroni pasta
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 2 carrots finely shredded
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the macaroni pasta in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Allow the macaroni pasta to cool for at least 15 minutes.
While the pasta cooks, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, combine the mayo, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until well combined.
Add the carrots, peppers, scallions, and celery to the bowl and mix until well combined.
Stir in the cooked pasta and season generously with salt and pepper. Add more mayo if needed and enjoy!
- If making this ahead of time, stir in some extra mayo and a splash of water right before serving. Also, make sure to check for seasoning.
- Classic deli macaroni salad doesn't include eggs but feel free to add hard-boiled eggs.
- Want to make it extra flavorful? Add some extra herbs like basil, parsley, and dill. Also, green peas and shredded cheddar cheese go great in this too!
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Most of the time the dressing sits at the bottom of the bowl, so make sure to mix well.
- Garnish with fresh scallions or paprika, if desired.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2045IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg