Lemon Israeli Couscous
Delicious and easy lemon Israeli couscous made with just a handful of ingredients and in under 20 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Add some olive oil to a large skillet with high sides and heat over medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
Stir in the couscous and lemon zest and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Pour in the chicken stock, lemon juice, season with salt, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
Once the couscous is fully cooked through, add the peas and parmesan cheese.
Check for seasoning and garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cooking for 2 instead of 4? Cut the recipe in half, use 1/2 cup of Israeli couscous and 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Not a fan of lemon? Add extra parmesan cheese for flavor and omit the lemon.
- Don’t have fresh peas? Use frozen peas.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley, dried parsley works fine.
- If you want to add some white wine, reduce the chicken stock amount. Use 1/2 cup of white wine and 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock. Add the white wine after toasting the couscous for 2 minutes and then let the white wine reduce by half before adding the chicken stock.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 167IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1mg