I’m Julie, a twenty-something-year-old, Jersey-based woman, who’s truly passionate about cooking. Having spent most of my life in Florida and New Jersey, you can say I know great pizza and a good Cuban sandwich. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe that I can make the best Cuban sandwich.
My favorite cuisines are Indian and Mexican, although Cuban black beans and ropa vieja will forever have my heart.
I’m obsessed with food. I attended the Kosher Culinary Arts Center in New York City, worked in several restaurants and bakeries, and finally started my cooking channel on Youtube in late 2012. Recently, I started this blog in efforts to share this passion.
Food isn’t all; I also enjoy surfing, traveling, reading, poker, skiing, and lying on the beach until the sun goes down, preferably with some sushi and white wine.
Want to know more? Here are some fun facts
- My kitchen aid mixer and rubber spatulas are my favorite kitchen tools.
- I once drove 40 miles and paid over 15 dollars in tolls for a strawberry cupcake and Nutella latte.
- Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and Shameless are my all time favorite shows.
- If you’ve never watched or read Game of Thrones, please don’t tell me. I will bother you until you do.
- My favorite movies are The Lion King, Mystic River, American History X, Training Day, Rounders, Casino, Scarface, The Notebook, It takes two, and Home Alone 2.
- I’ve been wearing the same perfume since High School; Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.
- I was born in Florida and raised in central Jersey.
- I have to have pizza once a week even if I’m dieting. 3 slices minimum.
- I live for slightly burned pancakes with powdered sugar, butter, warm maple syrup, bacon, orange juice, and coffee on snowy mornings. Quite a feast I know.
- I like my steak rare with no sauce and cheeseburgers medium rare with extra cheddar and ketchup.
- I never eat candy.
- I like my coffee black.
- I won a ladies poker tournament in Atlantic City a couple of years ago.
- I enjoy getting massaged more than anything in the world.
- I idolize Judge Judy.
- I despise frozen pizza.
- I tell my mom everything.