I’m Julie, a twenty-something-year-old, Jersey-based woman, who’s truly passionate about cooking. Having spent most of my life in Florida and New Jersey, you can say I know great pizza and a good Cuban sandwich. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe that I can make the best Cuban sandwich.
I’m obsessed with food. I attended the Kosher Culinary Arts Center in New York City, worked in several restaurants and bakeries, and finally started my cooking channel on Youtube in late 2012. Recently, I started this blog in efforts to share this passion.
Food isn’t all; I also enjoy surfing, traveling, reading, poker, skiing, and lying on the beach until the sun goes down, preferably with some sushi and white wine.
Want to know more? Here are some fun facts
- Rubber spatulas and zesters are my favorite kitchen tools.
- I consider myself a girly girl although going to whole foods excites me more than Sephora.
- Smelling fresh basil is my favorite thing to do at a grocery store.
- The restaurant Houstons has the best ribs hands down! No if’s, and’s, or buts! If ever on death row, that would be my final meal.
- Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and Shameless are my all time favorite shows.
- I’ve been wearing the same perfume since High School; Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. Sometimes Chance by Chanel.
- My favorite thing to do while home alone is order take out and watch crime shows.
- My favorite thing to do with friends and family is watch stand up comedy or cook together and drink wine.
- I have to have pizza once a week even if I’m dieting. 3 slices minimum.
- I live for slightly burned pancakes with lots of butter, maple syrup, bacon, and coffee on snowy mornings at 6 am. Preferably in a log cabin somewhere in Colorado or Alaska.
- I like my steak rare with no sauce and cheeseburgers medium rare with extra cheddar and ketchup.
- I never eat candy.
- I like my coffee black.
- I haven’t had soda or a bowl of cereal in over 5 years.
- I won a ladies poker tournament in Atlantic City a couple of years ago.
- I enjoy getting Swedish and Thai massages more than anything in the world.
- I idolize Judge Judy. She’s so badass!
- I despise frozen pizza and pretzels.
- I tell my mom everything.